Nowadays, nearly everyone is glued to their smartphones. Whether it’s spending a few hours a day on social media, playing games, or watching videos, our phones are never far out of reach. But did you know that you could use that time to make money online? Leverage your screen time to generate extra income for you and your family.
SABEResPODER compiled this list of interesting (and legitimate!) ways to make money online. Check it out and give a few a shot! Many of them are excellent sources of extra income. Some might even lead to full-time employment if you play your cards right.
Can I Really Earn Money Online?
Absolutely! Everyday more and more opportunities become available to earn money online. Best of all, you don’t need many tools to work virtually. You can work from your smartphone or mobile device anywhere you have an internet connection.
Keep in mind that making money online doesn’t happen overnight. Like with most employment, online jobs require time, discipline, and patience to earn a decent amount. Think of it like any other in-person job that you’d do. Responsibility and consistency are key to working online successfully.
The Best Ways to Earn Money Online
The internet has opened up a world of job opportunities, and working from home is increasingly popular across different industries. What’s even better about many online jobs is that they often don’t require a college degree or specific knowledge of a certain subject.
Online jobs come with plenty of advantages. For example:
- Minimal investment: Working online just requires a digital device (like a computer or smartphone) and Internet access
- Accessibility: You can work from anywhere at any time
- Infinite possibilities: Any online product or service can be a potential source of income
- Scalability: Supplement your primary earnings or turn it into your main source of income
- Work from anywhere: When you work online, you can interact and network with people around the world, which can lead to more job opportunities
Now that you know about the benefits of working online, here’s a list of the best ways to earn money:
1. SABEResPODER Rewards Program
Participating in the SABEResPODER Rewards Program is one of the easiest and quickest ways to earn money online. There are numerous options for generating extra income on our platform. All you need is your smartphone!
- Participate in a focus group. Earn money online by simply filling out surveys, which take just a few minutes to complete. Best of all, you earn between $2 and $4 for each survey. It’s easy!
- Learn and earn. Get paid to take educational courses. The material covered is useful and touches on subjects like finances and health. Learn valuable information to make decisions that will benefit you and your family.
- Referral program (coming soon!). Earn money by recommending our program to your friends, family, and acquaintances. You’ll receive a bonus for everyone you recommend who joins our community.
To start, all you have to do is sign up for SABEResPODER. That’s it! Then fill out the available surveys and take the courses of your choosing and watch the money roll in.
Advantages of the SABEResPODER Rewards Program
- Complete surveys and take courses from home with your smartphone
- Earn about $10 an hour
- It’s free to join - no membership required
- No prior knowledge necessary
- Filling out surveys helps companies improve the products and services that they offer the community
- Paid courses teach you about important subjects that help you make the best decisions for you and your family
- Start earning money right away!
Disadvantages of the SABEResPODER Rewards Program
- The program is limited to the U.S. and a local phone number is required to participate (which is why we don’t recommend referring the program to people abroad)
- You have to fill out multiple surveys and/or take several courses to earn a lot of money
2. Sell stock content
Many websites offer you the chance to upload original photos and videos for commercial use. Other users can pay a fee to download the material and use it as they wish.
Stock photography and video websites are practical because they take care of everything from hosting, marketing, and even sales. You earn a commission for every user that buys the rights to your image or video.
Some websites where you can sell your photos and videos:
Advantages of selling stock content
- Gain perspective on visual content with commercial appeal, which can be useful for future projects
- Develop a potential base of loyal followers if your work is strong and relevant enough
- Learn more about photography and editing
Disadvantages of selling stock content
- Compete with thousands of similar creators, meaning it might take a while to make a sale
- Commissions for selling each photo or video aren’t very high
- You aren’t able to establish the pricing of your photos and videos
Dropshipping is an online sales model where stores act as an intermediary between a buyer and distributor or manufacturer. It works like this: the store receives an online order, processes the payment, and sends the order to the distributor, who then prepares and delivers it. Two dropshipping platforms that you can try are Megagoods and DSers .
The main distinction between dropshipping and traditional retail is that the merchant does not stock or own any inventory; instead, they act as a middleman.
Advantages of dropshipping
- No need for a lot of startup capital or warehouses to store products
- No actual preparation or delivery of products
- More time available to improve your online store’s visibility
- Work with distributors in different countries that make it easier to deliver to customers and offer a wider variety of products
- Boost sales by increasing orders or hiring new providers, since you don’t need a warehouse to store merchandise and save time and money on logistics
Disadvantages of dropshipping
- Lower profit margins, as the store doesn’t control the complete sales process
- Uncertain delivery times can lead to unhappy customers
- Competition from stores selling the same items makes it hard to stand out
Similar to dropshipping, print-on-demand allows you to create an online store easily. Rather than sell generic products that can be found in other stores, you market products with unique designs. The items tend to be clothes, home decorations, and accessories. You can also sell other types of products depending on the distributor’s catalog.
To sell print-on-demand, the customer selects a product from your online marketplace (such as a t-shirt) and chooses a color and the design (which can be unique designs created by the store). Then, they fill out their shipping and billing information. The store processes the payment before sending the order to a distributor that prepares the t-shirt and ships it to the recipient. One popular print-on-demand company is Printful.
Advantages of print-on-demand
Just like dropshipping, with print-on-demand you can:
- Start a store with a small investment
- Avoid preparing and shipping products
- Have more free time to improve your online marketplace
- Access different manufacturers
- Easily expand your business
Disadvantages of print-on-demand
- Limited amount of products you can sell
- Heavy reliance on trusting manufacturers to provide high-quality service
- Materials aren’t always in stock due to supply chain or other issues
- Delivery times can be slow since they’re not stocked and ready in a warehouse
Keep in mind: It’s best to have your own website for dropshipping and print-on-demand services. You can promote products, share relevant content, answer customer inquiries, and develop your own brand for greater visibility and awareness.
Transcription is the process of converting audio files into text. There’s a high demand for recorded interviews, business conferences, and other sound clips to be made available in written format. Essentially, you listen to an audio file and write down into text what’s being said.
There are numerous AI programs that can do this automatically, but the results aren’t always the most accurate. That's why people both transcribe and double-check automated transcriptions to ensure they’re correct. You can find these jobs on freelance platforms like Upwork and Fiverr.
Advantages of transcription
- No specific training is required
- All you need is a computer, headphones, and a word processing program
Disadvantages of transcription
- Speed, accuracy, and strong spelling skills are essential
- Completing a project can be time-consuming
6. Testing apps and websites
Many companies and organizations are willing to pay people to test drive their apps and websites. The task is simple: use the app or site and tell the company if it’s user-friendly, has a confusing interface, if it’s buggy or full of errors, etc. UserTesting is one of the companies that hires people for this kind of work.
Advantages of testing
- It doesn’t require a lot of time
- Help people become more familiar with a product
- Discover new, interesting websites and products
Disadvantages of testing
- To earn a decent amount of money, you have to test out many apps/sites
- Demand for users is high, so work isn’t always readily available
7. Language exchanges
Do you have the gift of gab? You can earn money by talking with people who are learning your native language. These platforms pay you to engage in conversation with users worldwide who are learning a new language. In many cases, prior experience or a teaching degree isn’t required. All you have to do is speak in your native tongue and share your time with other people!
These services work in a similar way: sign up on their website so clients can view your profile, evaluate your services, and contact you. Remember, the better your reviews, the more customers you’ll attract! Some of these platforms are:
Advantages of language exchange
- The rating system allows you to grow in popularity and credibility, attracting new students
- Gain experience on sites with fewer requirements and then apply to more selective platforms to increase your earning potential
- Many platforms let you establish your rates
Disadvantages of language exchange
- Some sites require previous teaching experience or certifications
- Platforms can charge high fees for each class
These are small tasks that companies need done by a human using a computer. They tend to be very simple and don’t require any prior experience or technical know-how. For example, microtasks might include:
- Tagging videos
- Tagging photos
- Translating texts
- Classifying articles
You can find these types of jobs through companies like:
Advantages of microtasks
- No previous experience required
- Earn around $7 an hour
- It’s not very time consuming
Disadvantages of microtasks
- User demand is high, so work isn’t always readily available
9. Teach classes
You can teach classes online about almost anything. For example, you can teach:
- High school or college-level courses
- Video Games
Some websites for offering classes online are:
Advantages of teaching online classes
- Most websites have a review system that allows you to grow in popularity and credibility, attracting new students
- Many platforms let you establish your rates and pricing
Disadvantages of teaching online classes
- Highly competitive and difficult to get students right away
- Some platforms require teaching certifications or degrees
10. Affiliate marketing
Affiliate marketing is when you earn commissions on the purchase of products you recommend to others. Amazon, for example, is a massive retail platform that offers this service. All you have to do is promote products available on Amazon and place the customized product link on your social media channels. You can do this on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and other digital platforms, like blogs or websites.
If someone purchases that product using your link, Amazon will pay you a commission. Creating a blog about the products you promote is an excellent way to boost your earnings. For example, if you want to promote shoes, you could start a fashion blog where you discuss footwear trends, which shoes celebrities wear, and so on.
Some affiliate marketing programs that you can start with:
Advantages of affiliate marketing
- Great opportunity to earn money
- Increase potential earnings by recommending products from a variety of sites and retailers
Disadvantages of affiliate marketing
- Time consuming
- To maximize earning potential, a large social media/digital following is desirable
- To be successful, consistent publication of what you’re promoting is key
Blogs are a great way to earn money. You can write about pretty much anything, although it helps to focus on one subject or niche in particular. Some examples are:
The key is to find a profitable niche and to create content that resonates with your target audience!
Earning money by blogging isn’t just about writing posts, however. You can increase your earnings with different strategies that can generate passive income. For example, you can:
- Publish paid ads for brands or products
- Incorporate affiliate marketing
- Sell products or merchandise through your site
Advantages of blogging
- A well-curated blog can be very profitable
- Infinite number of topics you can cover
- Develop and hone useful skills for other jobs like writing, creativity, and communication
Disadvantages of blogging
- It can take a while for you to see any significant level of success or financial gain
- Writing and publishing articles and other updates to stay relevant is very time consuming
12. Create a YouTube channel
Many people use YouTube to learn or entertain themselves, and it can be a great way to generate income if your content is top-notch. Just like on blogs, you make money on this digital platform through ad placement. Anyone can make and upload YouTube videos, but the key is to find a topic that appeals to a broad range of people and develop high-quality content around it.
Advantages of creating a YouTube channel
- Put yourself out there and gain exposure
- Promote other websites that you have (like a blog or other social channels)
- Content that performs well will grow your subscriber base and increase your earning potential
Disadvantages of creating a YouTube channel
- Video editing knowledge is important
- You’ll need to invest in good video and lighting equipment to upload high quality videos
- Consistency and commitment are essential
- YouTube videos are subject to all types of commentary and criticism, so you have to be prepared to accept both positive and negative feedback
How to Increase Your Income Online
Here are a few tips that can help you start earning money online or increase how much you earn:
- Patience is key. Many of our suggestions require a significant investment of time and effort before you see any remarkable returns. Remember this when starting a new online job. It may take a few weeks or months to really notice a difference. Don’t give up!
- Make the most of what you already know. Many online jobs don’t require a bachelor's or professional degree to get started. You do need to have a teachable skill, however. For example, if you know how to play the guitar, you could teach online, even if you don’t have a master's degree in music theory. As long as you have a solid grasp on what you’re teaching and the tools required to connect with students virtually, you’re good to go.
- Take advantage of downtime. If you spend two hours a day watching YouTube videos or scrolling through social media, try finding a more profitable way of using your time. For example, you can complete SABEResPODER surveys and earn money in just a few minutes! Instead of checking Instagram, you can earn $10. Not bad, right?
- Get ready to learn new things. You can access a ton of free classes and tutorials to develop new marketable skills. For example, if you want to try printing on demand, you can find how-to videos on YouTube that will give you plenty of tips and tricks to get started.
Do I Have to Pay Taxes on My Online Income?
Absolutely! Taxes are a big deal in the U.S. Avoiding them can result in serious problems. Whether it’s $1 or $500, you must declare all income and pay the corresponding amount in taxes. Keep in mind that in the U.S. and other countries, you pay federal, state, and VAT taxes. You can find more information on the following websites:
Are You Ready to Earn Money Online?
If you have a smartphone and an internet connection, you can start earning money online now. With this guide, we hope you’ve learned how to generate more income and help secure your family’s financial success. Don’t be shy, you can try as many suggestions as you’d like! It can also serve as a jumping off point for other ways to earn money online. The opportunities are endless!
If you’re not sure where to start, get your feet wet with our Rewards Program. It’s a great way to start earning money and gain experience before trying other programs. Remember, when it comes to money matters, SABEResPODER!If you have any questions about this or anything else, feel free to contact us on our chat.